Monday, January 02, 2006

Courtship Sermons for the Whole Church: Courtship Smourtship and Courtship is a Community Project

I highly recommend two recent sermons preached by Josh Harris at Covenant Life Church that deal with courtship. Josh delivers outstanding messages that are helpful to singles and married people alike. I especially appreciate the way he brings couples and families back into the lives singles in the Courtship is a Community Project message. Perhaps the most helpful element of both sermons, however, was his public acknowledge that the Al Mohler sermon at New Attitude two years ago was not necessarily helpful for all people at the conference, particularly women and men who were not single as a result of laziness or selfishness. I think Josh's sermon does much for furthering the pursuit of grace in our perspectives of courtship and single men and single women. I think that you will find, regardless of your season of life, these sermons immensely helpful in raising your vision for a fuller God-glorifying life of relationships within the local church. Carolyn McCulley also had a couple of good blog posts related to Josh's sermon. Be sure to check those out as well.

No comments: