Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Republicans Can Once Again Thank Gore for His Help - Gore: Eavesdropping Program Threatens Structure of Government

FOXNews.com - Politics - Gore: Eavesdropping Program Threatens Structure of Government Al Gore has once again made the Republicans look strong on homeland security and the Dems look weak by criticizing what over half of Americans believe is the the right thing for President Bush to do, wiretap terror suspects. And, let me say something which will not be popular, but I do not believe that the same civil liberties that I enjoy, necessarily are extended to guests of the United States. I believe that civil liberties should be guarded judiciously, but I also believe that the same principle which deems falsely yelling "Fire" in a crowded movie theater applies to privacy. There is no clear Constitutional provision for privacy and where Many are at risk, it is the role of the Executive branch to protect Americans to the extent that they can be protected. Any civil right which puts others at risk of harm, is not worthy to be protected.

No comments: