Could someone please tell me, besides the liberal media and Democrats, who is upset about the President's authorization to the NSA to wiretap suspected terrorists? And, who is really fuming, that the government is monitoring properties of know Muslims outside of Washington D. C. for radioactive materials?
To be honest, I have not heard anyone outside of the media or the Democratic party (I know, they seem one in the same) voice a single complaint. Perhaps, that is because most Americans feel more comfortable knowing that the government is doing things we don't know about to protect us. I for one, would rather to continue to not know. However, the NY Times, that great voice of the fourth estate, has felt its civic duty to air our intelligence to the world. So, now we all now, including the terrorists.
Setting aside the fact that existing search warrant conditions do not meet the needs of modern technology, do we need to extend our rights (rights of American citizens) to those who are guests in our country, wishing to do us harm? I think the founding fathers would be sick if they could see the abuse of the First amendment that exists today ( and I do not believe that amendments IX and X apply here either), but that is a whole separate blog topic. I agree with Senator Santorum, the Constitution, does not necessarily protect our right to privacy.
And I am sure there are liberals who would say,"What if happened to you?" Well, my brother and I have had that discussion and we decided that anyone wiretapping our conversations would soon be bored.
So, who besides those wanting to see the President's rising approval rating take a nosedive are really unhappy with this so called "spying"?
Tuesday, December 27, 2005
Who is really upset about this so called "spying"?
Could someone please tell me, besides the liberal media and Democrats, who is upset about the President's authorization to the NSA to wiretap suspected terrorists? And, who is really fuming, that the government is monitoring properties of know Muslims outside of Washington D. C. for radioactive materials?
To be honest, I have not heard anyone outside of the media or the Democratic party (I know, they seem one in the same) voice a single complaint. Perhaps, that is because most Americans feel more comfortable knowing that the government is doing things we don't know about to protect us. I for one, would rather to continue to not know. However, the NY Times, that great voice of the fourth estate, has felt its civic duty to air our intelligence to the world. So, now we all now, including the terrorists.
Setting aside the fact that existing search warrant conditions do not meet the needs of modern technology, do we need to extend our rights (rights of American citizens) to those who are guests in our country, wishing to do us harm? I think the founding fathers would be sick if they could see the abuse of the First amendment that exists today ( and I do not believe that amendments IX and X apply here either), but that is a whole separate blog topic. I agree with Senator Santorum, the Constitution, does not necessarily protect our right to privacy.
And I am sure there are liberals who would say,"What if happened to you?" Well, my brother and I have had that discussion and we decided that anyone wiretapping our conversations would soon be bored.
So, who besides those wanting to see the President's rising approval rating take a nosedive are really unhappy with this so called "spying"?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I agree with you on the gov't tapping my phone lines. All they would get is the most boring conversations or they would hear the newest updates on Zerita's wedding and colors. I'm sure this would help the saftey of our nation.
I had a conversation the other day about how the gov't can point a satellite at your house and hear what is being said in you living room. Right now it would be me saying to my cat, "No, no, no Barney! Quit climbing up the Christmas tree." If it helps with the war on terror, I say use my conversation.
Sorry, I forgot to sign my post. I just get so excited that I acutally finished what I was writing without a cat sitting on my computer.
Ara
Well, with Barney knocking down the tree, I can see why you forgot to sign!
Post a Comment