I discovered this recipe in November in a Nestle cookbook while babysitting for some friends. We loved the recipe and I have made it a couple times since. Nestle recommends an icing to go with the brownies, but to be quite honest, these brownies are so rich, I can't imagine adding a thing! It makes a small batch, but you only really need a small portion.
Nestle Peppermint Brownies
Ingredients
- 1 ¼ cup of flour
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ¾ cup of sugar
- ½ cup (1 stick) of butter
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 1 ½ cups (9 oz.) semi-sweet chocolate chips(divided)
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- Prepare flour, salt, and baking soda in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, butter, and water and bring just to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Once sugar, butter, and water reach a boil, remove from heat immediately.
- Add 1 cup of morsels, peppermint extract, and vanilla extract and stir until smooth.
- Add eggs, one at a time, into saucepan mixture, stirring well.
- Stir in flour mixture until mixed well.
- Add remaining morsels.
- Spread into pan and bake for 20-30 minutes on 350.

2 comments:
Mint and chocolate....is there anything better than that combination? I will definitely be trying these!
We had them again tonight and Buddy got his chops on one!
Post a Comment