Personal
Preparedness
A Matter
Of Civic
Duty
Homeland Security Chief Michael Chertoff is laying out plain and simple: "For those people who say, 'Well, I can take care of myself no matter what, I don't have to prepare,' there is an altruistic element — that to the extent that they are a burden on government services, that takes away from what's available to help those who can't help themselves," Chertoff said. "That is a matter of civic virtue."
Isn't is about time someone said it isn't the government's job to provide food and water to people, especially when they have warned people to store three to five days worth of supplies? I am guilty myself, of not following Homeland Defense's guidelands for personal preparedness. It will be my goal to not only begin to prepare myself, but also to talk to my friends and family members about doing the same. It is a civic responsibility to be rpepared. When I am not prepared and I could be, I impose on the govenment and on others.
To learn how you can be prepared, visit: http://www.ready.gov/index.html
Tuesday, November 01, 2005
Personal
Preparedness
A Matter
Of Civic
Duty
Homeland Security Chief Michael Chertoff is laying out plain and simple: "For those people who say, 'Well, I can take care of myself no matter what, I don't have to prepare,' there is an altruistic element — that to the extent that they are a burden on government services, that takes away from what's available to help those who can't help themselves," Chertoff said. "That is a matter of civic virtue."
Isn't is about time someone said it isn't the government's job to provide food and water to people, especially when they have warned people to store three to five days worth of supplies? I am guilty myself, of not following Homeland Defense's guidelands for personal preparedness. It will be my goal to not only begin to prepare myself, but also to talk to my friends and family members about doing the same. It is a civic responsibility to be rpepared. When I am not prepared and I could be, I impose on the govenment and on others.
To learn how you can be prepared, visit: http://www.ready.gov/index.html
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment