Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Martha to the Rescue

This weekend I will be babysitting five children, ages, 5-13. The weather outlook is poor, so I have been scratching my head thinking, "What can we do?" Well, Martha has again come to the rescue!

Last time the kids and I spent a few days together, we were snowed in. To celebrate the occasion; we made home-made peppermint marshmallows and used cookie cutters to make them into fun shapes like snowflakes and stars (a Martha Stewart Magazine idea). After some fun and work (shoveling) in the snow, we were able to enjoy these marshmallows in hot chocolate and our treat rivaled the best peppermint hot cocoa served by Starbucks.

This time it looks as though we will make some peanut butter pretzel log cabins. I am also planning on making a felt board for the younger ones.

I also picked up a new card game on clearance at Starbucks today called Zigity. Between games, movies, and activities, and maybe even a few visits to see Buddy (my dog), I think we will be all set.

5 comments:

Suzanne said...

I hope no one is allergic to peanut butter! :)

Anonymous said...

Jenn, you're blog is very well rounded. I like how you cover weather, decorating, and current events. I found it very informative, yet entertaining.

Z

p.s. How do I get my picture to show when I post?

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry about my mistake in spellng. Those homophones will get you every time.

Z

Anonymous said...

What are the chances I just spelled spelling incorrectly!!! haha I hope you're not too disappointed in me!

JennGrover said...

Your picture has to be part of your profile to show when you post.

Thanks for your encouragement. Your kind words mean a lot. Becasue it is late, I can't think of the exact quote, but Mr. Darcy has one for Miss Elizabeth that says something tot the effect that her good opinion is not given hastily. The same is true of Miss Zerita.