Some time ago, I made a post about our civic duty as Americans to be prepared for emergencies. Well, I have finally followed through on beginning to stock up. I purchased some tuna, water, and other non-perishables this week. I still need to have more on hand, but it is a start.
It may not be the Bird Flu, but it might be as simple as some strong seasonal storms that leaves me without power, and thus water, or perhaps a major power grid outage in the heat of summer, but I want to have some supplies on hand.
With the commencement of hurricane season at hand, I hope that those in areas prone to disasters follow the same advice and don't wait for the government to bail them out. It simply is not the government's role to fill the gap of personal responsibility.
Friday, April 07, 2006
Stocking Up
Some time ago, I made a post about our civic duty as Americans to be prepared for emergencies. Well, I have finally followed through on beginning to stock up. I purchased some tuna, water, and other non-perishables this week. I still need to have more on hand, but it is a start.
It may not be the Bird Flu, but it might be as simple as some strong seasonal storms that leaves me without power, and thus water, or perhaps a major power grid outage in the heat of summer, but I want to have some supplies on hand.
With the commencement of hurricane season at hand, I hope that those in areas prone to disasters follow the same advice and don't wait for the government to bail them out. It simply is not the government's role to fill the gap of personal responsibility.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment