Saturday, April 22, 2006

Rearranging the Living Room

Spring has sprung and the flowers have rose, Jenn has awaken from winter's repose!

I decided to try something different with my living room. It is something I have been contemplating for a few months. My TV was in the corner and I was not receiving the full benefit of my surround sound. I thought I will move my big red chair where the TV is, the futon can stay where it is, and I will move the TV where the big red chair is, on the wall against the stairs. Sounds good, right. This was all part of my grand scheme to fish the surround sound speaker wires through the walls (I bought a wall fisher) and eventually have a media center (I am looking at one from Ballard Design - Click here to see it - I am thinking of a rubbed black finish). It all sounds quite grand, right?

Wrong! The big red chair is too big for the corner. The radiator cuts off the space necessary. Of course, I discovered this after completely rerunning the wires and fishing them through the drop ceiling in the basement below! With no energy left to put things back, I decided to try alternatives and live with it for a while, until someone is around to help me change things. I would love some votes on your preferences!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it will take some getting used to, but I like it.

I don't mind the chair there either. It gives it a cozier look.