AccuWeather - World Weather - International Local Weather Forecasts
Well, spring has sprung, the grass has risen, I wonder where all the major storms are hidden? Just as last year's weather headline was the potential for a major hurricane to hit New Orleans, this year we are hearing about the threat to the northeast Atlantic U.S. coast. Now, I am not sure if this is just major hype, probability based on statistics, or if the meteorologists have collected data giving them a window into this years Atlantic hurricane season, but the prospects are truly invigorating. What especially makes the prospects exciting is having family on the coast where I can participate in a major storm event!! Imagine, me, connoisseur of natural disasters, sitting through a hurricane with the fam! Stay tuned as sever weather season approaches for highlights. Unfortunately for we snow lovers, this winter has been a dud. I am, however, extremely grateful for the saving on my heating bill.
By the way, I am adding the show, "It Could Happen Tomorrow" to my list of weather favorites. It is on the Weather Channel every Sunday at 9:30 P.M. Shelley and Jason should be able to watch after the boys are in bed!
Saturday, March 25, 2006
Major Hurricane to Strike U.S. Northeast in 2006?
AccuWeather - World Weather - International Local Weather Forecasts
Well, spring has sprung, the grass has risen, I wonder where all the major storms are hidden? Just as last year's weather headline was the potential for a major hurricane to hit New Orleans, this year we are hearing about the threat to the northeast Atlantic U.S. coast. Now, I am not sure if this is just major hype, probability based on statistics, or if the meteorologists have collected data giving them a window into this years Atlantic hurricane season, but the prospects are truly invigorating. What especially makes the prospects exciting is having family on the coast where I can participate in a major storm event!! Imagine, me, connoisseur of natural disasters, sitting through a hurricane with the fam! Stay tuned as sever weather season approaches for highlights. Unfortunately for we snow lovers, this winter has been a dud. I am, however, extremely grateful for the saving on my heating bill.
By the way, I am adding the show, "It Could Happen Tomorrow" to my list of weather favorites. It is on the Weather Channel every Sunday at 9:30 P.M. Shelley and Jason should be able to watch after the boys are in bed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
It's amazing how little ones think that everything on tv is the truth. We are starting to notice that we cannot watch the Discovery Channel's animal shows without the boys having nightmares about the big animals eating them. So far, lobsters, whales, sharks, and dinosaurs have attacked the boys in their dreams. We now pray for "good dreams not bad ones" before bed.
I can relate to your boys - I had several reoccurring nightmares that were initiated by what I saw on TV. The main one was that the Russians were invading my town and they took my family captive. I, however, hid in the linen closet, assembled my father's hunting gun and saved my family every time. I was about 6 or 7 at the time and the evening news showed images of the Russians invading Afghanistan. I also had nightmares about being kidnapped and a tornado killing me (too much Wizard of Oz).
Post a Comment