I found myself particularly parched today so imagine my refreshment when I read the following from Spurgeon:
“We have great demands, but Christ has great supplies. Between here and heaven, we may have greater wants than we have yet known. But all along the journey, every resting place is ready; provisions are laid up, good cheer is stored, and nothing has been overlooked. The commissary of the Eternal is absolutely perfect.
Do you sometimes feel so thirsty for grace that you could drink the Jordan dry? More than a river could hold is given to you, so drink abundantly, for Christ has prepared a bottomless sea of grace to fill you with all the fullness of God. Do not be frugal Do not doubt you Savior. Do not limit the Holy One of Israel. Be great in your experience of His all-sufficiency Be great in your praises of His bounty, and in heaven you will pour great treasures of gratitude at His feet.”
I can only pray to be granted the faith to believe this.
Monday, June 12, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hi, Jenn! We've finally got internet at the house, so I'm reading up on your blog, and I just had to comment on this one. It reminds me of a time back in high school Sunday school when Daniel said that God's grace was an ocean so deep, no matter how deep we dive, we'll never get to the bottom of it. One of the guys said, "What if you dump a mountain of dirt in?" Daniel smiled and said, "Still too deep." That's helped me a number of times when I've really blown it. Thanks for the encouragement!
Post a Comment