- Hezbollah has been launching rocket attacks into northern Israel for months.
- The Lebanese government failed to rid them selves of a terrorist army which is about one third the size of the Lebanese army, therefore failing to fulfill a UN resolution (not that I think too much of the UN, mind you).
- Hezbollah kidnapped 2 Israeli soldiers and killed eight others.
- Hezbollah was not anticipating such a strong show of force from the Israelis.
- Hezbollah's arsenal is that of an army, requiring training by an army (Iran).
- Al Quaeda has now vowed to "not stay silent" and seeks the domination of Islam from the Mideast to Spain.
- Israel has been clear that it will use all necessary means to destroy Hezbollah.
- Many Arab states have condemned the actions of Hezbollah.
- John Kerry claims the war would not have happened if had been president.
- The world has called upon the US to provide leadership in the "peace" process.
Now, the following should not to be confused with analysis, just a few opinions on the situation:
- Americans who got a free ride out of the war zone have no right to complain about the speed in which they were evacuated. Those people chose to place themselves in a volatile region.
- I think Iran and Syria are using this as a way to position the West and Israel against Arab states.
- I think John Kerry is nuts. What fool would have the audacity to claim his leadership could have prevented war in a region that has been at war for centuries?
- I think former President Clinton would have handled the situation much like President Bush is handling it.
- Why is it that the world can demand our intervention? They weren't happy with our intervention in Iraq, so let's let the French and Germans take a stab at it!
- I think Syria will provoke Israel into striking them, thus opening the door for Iranian involvement.
- I think the war will be a boost for Republicans in mid-terms.
- I think the war will change our economy in ways we can't even think of today.
- I think the war will invite more terrorist attacks on U.S. soil.
- I don't think President Bush cares about his approval ratings any more and will make better decisions as a result.

No comments:
Post a Comment